- Woke up early, hopped on a boat to a small Cham river village, Phum Soai, on the outskirts of Chau Doc. Interesting mix of Buddhism and Islam… we hadn’t encountered Mosques until exploring this village.
- Taken by minibus to Phuoc Dien temple, also on the outskirts of Chau Doc. Beautiful enshrined cave structure intertwined with hilltop monasteries. Easy to navigate in bare feet.
- Bumpy ~7 hour bus ride to Ho Chi Minh. Several jolts launched us off our seats completely.
- Arrived in Ho Chi Minh around 7pm. Checked in to our hostel, Vietnam Inn Saigon, featuring two free drinks and free breakfast every day!
- Mini panic attack realizing our Vietnam visas expire in 12 days. Heading to HCMC Immigration Department tomorrow AM to negotiate extension.