- Started the day with a motorbike ride back to the mechanic shop to fix an overlooked gas leak on Cory’s bike.
- Found a street-side shop to duplicate my bike key, just in case (Cory’s bike came with two keys).
- This may have been a mistake. The duplication process is not precise like back home. The shop owner uses a metal file to shave a blank key down to size. The method involves a lot of trial and error, ramming the key into the lock and trying to force it to fit. I started with one key that fit like a glove and ended up with two keys that kind of work (with some finagling) due to the beating the lock took.
- Needless to say, I was not happy, and let the shop owner know it. Fortunately, it’s not a major problem. It just means that I spend a bit more time than Cory fitting my key into the ignition.
- Had amazing and filling Pho around the corner from our hostel at Pho Quynh.
- Spent the rest of the afternoon wandering the local market looking for travel supplies and trinkets (ponchos, locks, phone covers, rope, sunglasses, etc.)
- Easy night for an early morning to the Cu Chi Tunnels tomorrow.