- Started the day with FaceTime calls to friends and family to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
- Cory went back to sleep while I headed over to the kiteboarding school. It was a pretty dead day – not a lot of wind and small waves – which was fine by me as I was still shaking off the cobwebs from the Christmas Eve party.
- Hung out with our group of friends for a while, staff and students, before growing restless and going for a long swim up the beach.
- When I returned I was given some sad news, made even harder by the fact that it is Christmas day. Our friend Mathis from France was involved in a scooter accident in the early morning hours. He hit his head and was taken to Phan Tiet hospital before being moved to Saigon. We are all praying for his well being and eager for the chance to visit him.
- Decided to go to Phan Tiet for dinner and a movie with a big group of friends. We drove through the Catholic neighbourhood of Phan Tiet on our way to dinner and were treated to a spectacular display of traditional Western Christmas decorations. There were lights, music, Santas, reindeer, sleighs, baby Jesuses, and more – all in the Christmas spirit.
- Dinner was a delicious DIY spring roll spread combined with freshly squeezed sugar cane juice. Grand total: 20,000 VND each (less than $1).
- Checked out the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie (in English with Vietnamese subtitles), then hopped on our motorbikes and went home to bed.