- We had a bit of a down day today. Turns out that there is not a ton to do in Kuta Lombok without surfing.
- Started off with complimentary breakfast and coffee at our homestay, then took to the street in search of a surfboard repair shop.
- Not knowing how much it would cost to basically rework my whole board, we were a bit surprised to be quoted a price of 500K IDR ($38).
- I dropped off the board with the promise that it would be ready tomorrow afternoon, then returned to our room at Krisna Homestay.
- Cory took a nap while I spent some time reading followed by another workout to pass the time.
- Afterwards, I took a long walk in one of the directions we had yet to explore, saying hi and smiling to all the locals I passed.
- At 6:30pm we headed to Warung Nana for dinner: our usual vegetable curry and fried tempeh followed by a dessert pancake from a street shop on the walk back to our homestay.
- We had planned to meet up with some friends from Mui Ne, Vietnam for drinks, a Brazilian married couple on a world tour.
- Unfortunately, they ended up cancelling on us last minute so we just stayed in the room and went to bed.